I’m a public school secondary teacher, and a single parent. Thanks for visiting.
- I have a son who was categorized with a learning disability in reading.
I’ve placed him in a public charter school, that is semi-homeschooling, but not really.
- I am employed by the Hawaii Department of Education – licensed/certified to teach Secondary English, grades 7-12.
- Currently, teaching 7th/8th grade English in a “disadvantaged” community.
- I have a relationship with Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.
- I like to read and write
- I like jello, spicy ahi sushi and Laughing Cow cheese (separately)
- With all the emphasis on educating other people’s children as a teacher, I knew deep down in my heart that it would never be at the expense of my own child.
- . . . blogging is fun, and I . . . have deep thoughts.
- I am also learning to be transparent about my depression so I’ll share that here as well.
- I started the blog several years ago, but lately have been blogging more regularly, finding it’s (my) voice somewhat.
- I love working with children, but I have a hard time working with adults.
I try not to rant. I don’t want to be negative, but I do have anger issues and I’ve been told that anger turned inward results in depression… I’m well aware of that. It also doesn’t help that very close relatives of mine are church people and so I also take issues in that area.
I’m human. I need love like everyone else, and I blog about it… I’m just trying to be honest with myself, while learning to be positive. February 2014 November 2015